The Stamford Historical Society: Inventoried Collection
the Papers of
The League of Women Voters of Stamford
Content, Box 16
Research requests may be sent to
- Reprint – “Accountability for the Humanists” by
Robert Primack, Phil Delta Kappan, June 1971.
- Clipping – Public
Accountability Sought by Schools, Kiwanians Told, The Advocate, 1972.
- Clipping – Was it the Class – Or
Was it the Teacher that Failed? The New York Times, undated. 2 copies.
2. Year-Round Schools
- Luncheon Meeting: Year Round Schools. Speaker: Mrs. Eunice Sims, Coordinator
for English Instruction in the City of Atlanta School District. May 1972.
- Clipping – Community
School Concepts Needs Aid, undated.
- SACIA – Action
report for Business Leaders, July/August/September, 1972.
- Loose material not in folders:
- Booklet – Study
and Action, 1972-1974 National Program, LWV of the US
- Letter to Dr. Kenneth Fish, Continuing Education, from Sandy Fisher, requesting
use of Belltown School cafeteria to conduct a workshop to train citizens
interested in running for public office. June, 1979
- Flyer – Stamford League of Women Voters Presents “Everything
You Need to Know to Run for Public Office”, July 1979.
- Stamford Public Schools Memo from Ginny Birkby to Dr. Fish Re Space for
LWV Program on 7/19. July, 1979
- Stamford LWV Bulletin, Volume 36, Number 3, March 1980.
- Evaluation of current trade patterns and their impact on the U.S. and the
world economy. Consensus Discussions. Undated. 2 pages.
- 2 page list of what appears to be finance trade definitions. Undated.
- Clipping – Women
Voters Meeting on International Trade, March 1973.
- Clipping – UN
Meeting Thursday in City Church. Undated.
- Mrs. Herbert Spirer praises editorial of July 30 opposing trade quotas.
- City of Stamford, United Nations Day Committee, From The Chairman, to Mrs.
Jerome Connolly, Re Your organization is invited to send a representative
to the UN week planning meeting on September 17, 1970. September 1970.
- Letter to The Honorable Lowell P. Weicker, Jr. from Joyce Loshaek re LWV
of Stamford urges you to vote against H.R. 18970. October 1970.
- LWV of Stamford – Form
letter. SACIA has given us your name, in the hope that you will be willing
to help us with a survey of how international trade legislation might affect
Stamford business. December 1973. 2 copies.
- LWV of the US, International Relations Consensus Questions form. 4 pages
filled out. May 1973.
- Clipping – Women
Voters Announce Results of International Trade Survey, March 1974.
- Trade Survey – “The
Stamford League of Women Voters has conducted a survey of International
Trade as it involves Stamford area business. Undated.
- Department of Justice, Statement of Drew S. Days III, Assistant Attorney
General, Civil Rights Division, Before the House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee
on Civil and Constitutional Rights, House of Representatives, Concerning
GAO Report on Voting Rights Act on June 15, 1978.
- Statement before
the House Elections Committee, The Consolidation of Elections Implementation
Act of 1978 – HB 2554. May 1978.
- LWV of New York State, State Board Report, Election Law. April 1978.
- Booklet – The NationalVoter – Proposed
National Program 1978-1980, Spring 1978.
- Brochure – “A bright idea to throw new light on our world”.
A Primer on Career Education.
- Book – Basic
Policies for the Master Plan of Stamford, Connecticut. Schwartz, Fichtner,
Bick and Associates, September 1970.
to Table of Contents