The building stood at the southwest corner of Bank Street.
The photo below is one of our oldest, as the tavern was torn down in 1868!
President GeorgeWashington's visit
as in 1789 has been immortalized
in the the murals commissioned
Stanley J. Rowland by the First FidelityTrust Company in 1949.
Images © Stamford Historical Society
Whitman Bailey Sketch: Christmas Eve at Old Samuel Webb House a Century Ago