VOLUNTEER MATTERS — VOLUNTEERS MATTER!
Get involved in your city's history! Become a volunteer with the Stamford Historical Society.
Many tasks at the Society require the able assistance of volunteers.
- Volunteers do research and data entry work in the Marcus Research Library.
- Volunteers manage the Photo Collection, including data entry work.
- Volunteers work in the textile collection.
- Volunteers manage the website and the blog.
- Volunteers make digital records of our exhibits.
- Volunteers staff the thrift shop.
- Volunteers are docents for our exhibits.
- Volunteers work with staff on educational programs for students.
- Volunteers provide hospitality at our events.
- Some volunteers stuff envelopes and others answer phones.
There's no question but what there are a lot of areas where volunteers are indispensable. Below are our current needs for you to click on, perhaps they match your interest and time availability.
- Computer Maintenance
- Fund Raising/Development
- House & Grounds
- Hoyt-Barnum House
- Programs & Special Events
- Research Library
Jennifer Hawthorne, our volunteer coordinator, would be pleased to match you up with a volunteer position which would utilize your skills and abilities. You may contact her at email@example.com or 203-329-1183 .